Future Calling!Register now to apply Last date to apply: 28th February, 2018
MBA IN OPERATIONS
Operations Management is an area of management concerned with overseeing, designing and controlling the processes of production and redesigning the business operations in the production of goods and services. The outcome is the harvesting of the value from assets owned by the business. The basic components of Operations are Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Quality Management Practices, Total Quality Management, World Class Manufacturing and so on. At LMTSM, the pedagogy for subjects of Operations is basically focused on discussing classic real life cases which not only gives the students a glimpse of the actual happenings of the industry, but also gives them a chance to solve the problems mentioned by analysing the case and getting evaluated regularly. There is a healthy case discussion session and the students are informed to prepare for the cases well in advance to have fair evaluation. The booming of the e-commerce and logistics companies also poses new challenges in the field of Operations along with millions of new opportunities, which are there to be tapped. The pedagogy used keeps the students updated with the latest happenings in the various related industries and makes them available to be recruited.
List of Electives
- Quantitative Techniques
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Manufacturing Systems Design
- Supply Chain Management
- Quality Management Practice
- Services Operations Management
- Manufacturing Planning & Control
- Decision Science
- Operations Strategy
- Advanced Manufacturing Practices
- Maintenance Management
- Determine appropriate forecasting techniques for given situations. Identify factors that should be taken into consideration when selecting a facility. Integrate a just-in-time approach to supply operations.
- Manage relationships and accountabilities across the supply chain.
- Utilize information and knowledge management systems in the management and coordination of materials and inventory.
- Analyze global supply chain management, processes, and opportunities from inter- and intra-organizational perspective
At LMTSM students studying Operations get to participate in
- Industrial Visits
- Live Business Consulting Projects
- Industry Simulations
- SME Networking events
- Business Leader Forum
- CII Sponsored Events